Thursday 29 March 2018

Another Monster Man contest!

Hey, do you folks remember the cavalcade of awesome creativity that was the Monster Man contest? I sure do! I enjoyed it so much I'm gonna do it again .. but this time it's going to be a little different!

Last time I asked people to design a monster based on a cheap toy, like this one:


That was fun, but I'm not gonna do the exact same thing again, at least not just yet. Instead we're going to do a quicker contest based around a different source. I explain in today's bonus episode of Monster Man.

But if you don't have time to listen to that right now, here's the rules:

1. Go to this article about D&D monster names created by neural networks.

2. Pick a monster such as the Slug, Spectral or the Mommy, Greater

3. Create a Monster Manual-style entry for your chosen name, with a description and stats for your favourite edition of D&D. Or your favourite RPG, whatever it might be. I'm not the boss of you! If you want to add a picture, that'd be double cool.

4. Send it to me by April 14th.

5. I will pick, by methods as yet undecided, a handful of winners.

6. I will create an episode of Monster Man for the winning monsters. Winners will also receive a Monster Man goody bag full of prizes. I've already had some offers of prize support, but if you have an RPG product you'd like to give away to our winners, give me a shout! Otherwise I'll think of something. It'll be a surprise!

7. You can enter more than once if you like, but you can't win more than once.

And that's it! Go make some monsters. Share this contest with your friends; the more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment