Sunday 9 October 2016

Frugal gaming: cheap backdrops!

My wife sent me a message on Saturday morning to say that she'd found me a cool thing in a charity shop. Later that day, by some coincidence, I found another, similar one. They were these; 

The sci-fi one was in a different box, but the principle is the same. They're just little collections of card and paper characters and scenic elements, and I foresee a use for them when I have to make a little table display for B-Movie Mogul. But in the meantime I'm just gonna use them as backdrops for miniatures photos. 

"I don't get it, IBP-23. The sensors definitely said there were life forms around here somewhere."

Survivors prepare to make their last stand at the police station. 
They're a little cartoony, but I think they're not bad!

4 comments:

  1. They add a lot to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are surprisingly great.

    I must keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pretty good. I don't know that I'd pay full price, but at 99p each they were worth it. I have some use for the other bits, which might show up in a post in a week or two.

      Delete