Monday 11 January 2016

More weekend painting

I have decided that I'm going to clear some of these models off my painting table before I add anything new. So far it is not going badly. I am doing some editing over the weekend, and I've got a little system set up where when I finish a section, I'm allowed to add one colour or one area to a model. 
Here are the three models I've completed since instituting this plan: 


The guy on the left is a Fox Box model, although the right arm, pistol and satchel are conversions. He was a free miscast, and the cast quality is therefore a little rough, but I quite like him and who can complain about a free model? I'm particularly fond of his face -- I think he looks rather like Robert Duvall. He's also got some fun detail on the back of his backpack which you can't see in this shot. 

The Viking in the centre is a model I got in a bargain pack from Foundry at SELWG ages ago; he didn't come with a weapon or shield, but pal Chris gave me a bunch of spare Wargames Factory Viking sprues, so I added them. I think he looks OK, and I did more ordinary Hearthguard for SAGA, so whatever. 

The final model is the free figure from the 2015 Oldhammer weekend; he will go very well with much of the rest of my post-apocalyptic collection, since many of them are either the old Grenadier Future Warriors range (now available from em-4 and Forlorn Hope) or the new equivalent from Copplestone Castings

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with how they're going, although there's still more left to be done.

I have also just gone through my Frostgrave rulebook and Thaw of the Lich Lord and made a list of all the stuff I'm going to need in order to be ready to do all of the scenarios in the books; it's quite a lot, but I don't think it's unfeasible. And maybe I'll finally sort out all these ship models I have thanks to the frozen river scenario. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done. I'm trying to clear my in progress box too. New year resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it goes well! I'm finding it very liberating, though I admit it has slowed down a tad.

      Delete