Thursday 12 November 2015

Another quick painting update

This mysterious hooded figure from Ramshackle Games was part of a very generous runner-up prize from Ramshackle's Curtis Fell for a story I submitted to the Ramshackle fiction competition. You can find the stories on the Ramshackle Facebook page (the link is in one of the comments to the contest post).

I've spoken about Ramshackle models before, I'm sure -- there's a lovely Ramshackle Scrap Tank in my Ork army, for instance. 


Most folks, like me, probably think of post-apocalyptic and sci-fi models when they think of Ramshackle, but this one isn't necessarily genre-specific. I'm gonna use it mainly in Strange Aeons games. 

So, uh ... come here often? 

Come on, don't be like that. 
I took the quick route to painting this figure; I primed it with good old Halford's grey car primer, drybrushed up in succeeding shades of light grey to white, then put a yellow wash on the robe and a purply-fleshy wash on the tentacle. After that dried (always the most time-consuming part), I went back and re-shaded the deep folds, the joints and the shadow of the hood with a darker sepia tone. Did the base and called it done.

I got some more lovely Ramshackle models in the prize, and I'm gonna use them to make a little squad of Nurgle-corrupted Ad Mech types for my Chaos force. More updates when I knock some of these Frostgrave dudes off the table. 

6 comments:

  1. I really like this hooded guy! I also like your quick but effective method for painting him...err her... Err it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was quick and I think it came out well.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done. Yellow is a tricky color to get right on large surfaces like that, but this one came out looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the ramshackle website like IKEA. You only go for a couple of parts and end up buying the bloody shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always a lot of interesting little things that you decide you'll think of a use for.

      Delete